Yeast infections plague many women. It is estimated that 75% of women will have suffered from a yeast infection at least once in their lives. So it’s important to know how to prevent them.
There are over 20 species of candida which is the scientific name for yeast. Candida albicans is the type of fungus that generally causes vaginitis. I’m sure you’ve heard the word thrush being used as well as yeast infection. Thrush is just a term used to describe a fungal infection caused by any form of Candida.
If you’ve ever suffered from a vaginal yeast infection, you know the uncomfortable symptoms that ar
e associated with it:
– Burning sensation
– Pain during urination and/or sexual intercourse
– A thick, cottage cheese like discharge
In this article I’m going to share with you some really simple ways to avoid yeast infections and all its irritating symptoms.
1. Don’t use scented pads or tampons. It’s really simple but effective.
2. Always wear cotton underwear. If that’s too boring for you, just make sure the underwear has a cotton panel.
3. Avoid wearing nylon pantyhose or again make sure they have a cotton panel.
4. Adding a cup of yogurt to your diet could help prevent the growth of yeast. Just make sure it contains live cultures of lactobacillius acidophilus or it won’t have the desired effect.
5. Don’t douche. This can disturb the natural pH balance in the vagina.
6. Make sure to wipe from front to back while in the bathroom to prevent the spread of bacteria. This can be the cause of yeast infections in healthy women so make sure you take care when wiping.
7. Reduce sugar intake. This is especially important if you are diabetic. Increased sugar levels can help yeast grow faster.
8. Avoid wearing tight clothing. Tight clothing provides a warm environment for yeast to grow. Just wear looser jeans or wear more skirts/dresses.
9. Moisture offers an ideal environment for the growth of yeast so make sure to dry yourself off well after a shower or a bath.
10. Leaving on a wet bathing suit can really help the growth of yeast. Change out of damp clothes.
11. Don’t use scented soaps, bubble bath solutions, or washes.
12. Manage your stress levels. It’s harder to fight anything off when your stressed and run down. Studies have linked stress with aiding the growth of yeast so find ways to de-stress like exercising or taking yoga classes. Whatever works for you.
12 Easy Ways To Prevent Yeast Infections for women,