- Apply the lip conditioner and let it soak in, then wipe it off after about a minute. You don’t want your lips to be slick or slippery, the lip conditioner is just to make sure that your lips are soft and that any cracks are no longer visible
- Line your lips with lip liner to avoid any spillage of color onto your skin. Carefully line your lips, start at the bottom and work your way to the top. Be very gentle when lining the cupids bow because that is the curviest part of your lips, it takes a steady hand to do it correctly
- Fill your lips in with the same lip liner you used to line your lips. This will make your color last longer and give you a truer more vibrant shade of red.
- Use a lip brush to apply your lipstick. Start at the bottom lip and work your way towards the top lip, use small and gentle strokes because if you make a mistake its extremely difficult to remove red lipstick off of your skin.
- Apply red lip gloss. Only smear the lip gloss in the center of your bottom and top lips. This will make your lips look larger and plumper, and of course, the red color is to make the red on your lips last as long as possible.
More Tips For Your Lips
When to use lip stains:
Only use lip stains when your lips are perfectly smooth and you do not have lines around the mouth. To smooth lips, buff lips with a toothbrush dipped in a little water and sugar. Never rub too hard and always with a light balm for the spot.
Shine without the mess:
Bring a large lipstick and then lightly just a little polish on the inside of the fleshy part of the lip. All shine, none of the mess.
For high drama:
After applying lipstick or gloss, put a touch of white sheer shimmer powder on the dip of the upper lip and right below the lip. Perfect for evening glance.
For that perfect red lip, even a pale flesh colored lip liner. Then rub a red lip stain on the lips. Follow with a moisturizing lipstick red. Dry formulas look cakey, super glossy slip that right. Avoid red lip-gloss as it gets messy fast.
Avoid wearing dark colors, they make lips look smaller. Not draw from a large lip lip liner. Instead choose light or bright shades of lipstick or gloss with shimmer that catches light in an amplifying effect.
Stay away from glossing the whole lip. Put some in the middle on the top and bottom, and then mix with your finger on the lips shine that does not overwhelm your face.
Brushing with a little baking soda. Choose lip colors in cool tones for an icy white smile.
Never choose a lip liner darker than your lipstick. If you want to use on liner around the lip balm first use of a thick, uneven, dry color to avoid.
Line lips with a pale flesh colored lip liner then fill with a moisture-rich lipstick with staying power. Avoid glosses as they tend to run.