Thick, strong, voluptuous hair begins with a healthy scalp. We’re constantly told to take good care of our hair, but the scalp is often neglected. The key to faster hair growth as well as healthier hair is a well taken care of scalp. Massages and herbal oil extracts are two inexpensive ways to open hair roots for faster hair growth.
Instructions & Things You’ll Need
- Rosemary essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Olive oil
- Hot oil treatment
- Deep conditioning hair mask
- Get a deep scalp massage. Many salons and spas offer scalp massages as part of their services. A scalp massage opens hair roots for faster hair growth by stimulating blood flow to the area. The increase in blood flow to the scalp promotes the growth of healthy and strong hair.
- Mix 10 drops of rosemary essential oil and 10 drops of lavender essential oil in a small, clean bottle. Allow the essential oils to mellow and blend for two days. Add 2 tsp. of olive oil to the bottle and shake to blend all the oils together. Massage the oil into your hair and scalp. Allow the oils to soak into your scalp for about 15 minutes, then wash out with shampoo. Massaging opens up hair roots, allowing the natural essential oils to absorb into the scalp. Rosemary and lavender have been used for years as herbal hair growth aids.
- Apply a hot oil treatment to your hair. The heat will open up the hair roots and stimulate blood flow to the pores in the scalp. The oil will moisturize and fortify the hair shaft to encourage thicker and fuller hair growth. Combine 2 tsp. of almond oil and 2 tsp. of avocado oil in a heat-proof cup. Place the cup in a hot water bath to heat the oils, then apply to hair.
- Apply a deep conditioning treatment, then position yourself under heat lamps or other sources of heat. As discussed in step 3, heat is essential in opening hair roots. A deep conditioning treatment containing rich nutrients and minerals moisturizes hair from roots to tips, making it stronger and less likely to fall out while also encouraging hair growth. Try Carol’s Daughter Khoret Aman Deep Conditioning Treatment.
- Run a fine-tooth comb or brush gently but firmly through your scalp. As you do this, the dead skin cells that cluster around hair root openings will detach and fall out, causing the hair roots to open.
How to Open Hair Roots for Faster Hair Growth