Yeast infection can affect any part of the body like under arms, between the toes etc. It can affect both men and women but commonly it is found in the genital area of the women. Already there is a presence of yeast which is referred as Candida. When there is an increase in the quantity of yeast which are already present there in addition to the quantity of normal bacteria then this condition is called yeast infection. In this condition there is an occurrence of new yeast in the genital area.
It may occur if there is some injury in the inner part like after chemotherapy. Yeast infection is developed more frequently in the women with suppressed immune systems than women having a normal immune system. There are many conditions with women in which there is a tendency to develop the yeast infection. They are pregnancy, taking oral contraceptives, use of douches and it includes diabetes mellitus also. Many women are interested in using perfumed hygiene sprays but it increases the risk of developing this disease. It is an infection and it should not be considered a sexually transmitted infection.
Some of its major symptoms are:
1. There is a vaginal discharge which is usually white and odorless.
2. Many women experience the pain and discomfort during intercourse. It is one of the irritating symptoms of this problem.
3. The most common symptom of the discharge is the mild irritation in the private part which increases gradually.
4. It is also very common type of symptom. Women usually feel the burning sensation during or even after the urination in and around the private part and in the skin.
5. There may be swelling and itching in the vulva which is a skin around the private area. It becomes so tender and sensitive that even if there is a slight contact it is very painful.
Yeast infection can be cured with the help of natural and herbal remedies:
1. Insert a tampon dipped in yoghurt in the private part at least 2-3 times a day. If this remedy is continued for a day or two then you will get complete relief and the symptoms will go away.
2. A paste of garlic should be applied over the affected part if anyone is having non-vaginal yeast infections.
3. You must eat lots of fruits and vegetables as it will help in curing the problem.
4. Avoid wearing tight under wears. Always prefer to wear loose cotton panties or underwear.
5. Avoid remaining in wet clothes for a long time as it will increase the possibility of having this problem.